A bubble elevator in Minecraft is a fun and efficient way to travel up and down the vertical levels of your building. This type of elevator uses a combination of bubbles and redstone to propel players upwards. Unlike traditional elevators that use ladders or minecarts, bubble elevators are much faster and can be used to reach great heights in a short amount of time. In this blog post, we will show you how to build your own bubble elevator in Minecraft and offer tips and tricks on how to make it even better.
Materials Needed to Make Bubble Elevator in Minecraft
To build a bubble elevator in Minecraft, you will need the following materials:
- Blocks: you will need a variety of different blocks to build the elevator structure, such as cobblestone, glass, or iron blocks.
- Redstone: you will need redstone dust and redstone torches to create the mechanism that powers the elevator.
- Levers: you will need levers to control the elevator, one for the up and down movement.
- Bubbles: obtained from bubble columns which can be created by using a soul sand and a conduit or by using a fish (cod, pufferfish)
- Optional: Any type of flooring block like wool, carpet, or slabs to make the elevator look nicer.
It’s recommended to experiment with different block types to see which one you like the best. Also, you can use the optional blocks to decorate the elevator to make it look more aesthetic.
Make a Bubble Elevator in Minecraft Step by Step Instructions
Building a bubble elevator in Minecraft is a fairly simple process, but it does require some precise steps to ensure that it works properly. Follow these instructions to build your own bubble elevator:
Step 1: Build the elevator shaft
- First, dig a vertical hole that is at least 3 blocks wide and as tall as you want your elevator to be.
- Next, fill the hole with blocks of your choice. You can use cobblestone, glass, or iron blocks, depending on your preference.
- Once the hole is filled, add a block of soul sand at the bottom of the hole and on top of the hole.
Step 2: Add the redstone mechanism
- Place redstone dust on the bottom of the elevator shaft, connecting the soul sand on the bottom and the top of the shaft.
- Next, place redstone torches on the bottom of the elevator shaft, next to the redstone dust.
- Finally, add levers on both the bottom and the top of the elevator shaft.
Step 3: Test the elevator
- Flip the lever on the bottom of the elevator shaft. You should see bubbles rising from the soul sand on the bottom of the elevator.
- Stand on the bubbles and you should be propelled upwards.
- Once you reach the top, flip the lever on the top of the elevator shaft to stop the bubbles.
- To go down, simply flip the lever on the bottom again.
Step 4 (Optional): Decorating
- You can use any type of flooring block like wool, carpet, or slabs to make the elevator look nicer.
It’s important to note that you may need to adjust the positioning of the redstone dust and torches to ensure that the elevator works properly. Keep experimenting with different configurations until you find one that works for you.
Also, you can use the conduit instead of soul sand and redstone torches, to create the bubble column.
Make sure that you have the correct version of minecraft that support bubble columns.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to improve the design of your bubble elevator:
- Add a safety feature: To ensure that players don’t fall out of the elevator, you can add walls around the edges of the elevator shaft. This can be done by placing blocks of your choice around the perimeter of the elevator.
- Make it faster: To make the elevator move faster, you can increase the number of redstone torches or add more soul sand. This will create more bubbles and propel players upwards faster.
- Add multiple floors: To add multiple floors, you can add levers on each floor that you want to access. This way, players can choose which floor they want to go to without having to manually stop the elevator.
- Add a button or pressure plate: Instead of using levers, you can use buttons or pressure plates to control the elevator. This way, players can control the elevator without having to hold down a lever.
- Use signs or banners to mark the different floors: To make it easy to find a specific floor, you can add signs or banners on each floor with the name of the floor or a symbol.
- Lighting: Adding lighting to the elevator shaft will make it easier to see and make it look more inviting, especially if you’re using glass blocks for the walls.
- Use different type of blocks: To make the elevator look unique and aesthetic you can use different type of blocks, you can use different colors of wool, or use different type of slabs to make the elevator look more interesting.
- Use a minecart: To make the elevator more interesting, you can add a minecart that players can ride in while they’re being propelled upwards. This will make the elevator feel like a roller coaster.
By following these tips and tricks, you can improve the design of your bubble elevator and make it more efficient and enjoyable to use.
In conclusion, building a bubble elevator in Minecraft is a fun and easy way to travel to different levels of your building. With this tutorial, we have shown you how to build a basic bubble elevator using blocks, redstone, levers, and bubbles. We have also provided tips and tricks on how to improve the design of your elevator, such as adding safety features, making it faster, and adding multiple floors.
Building a bubble elevator is a great way to add a new level of functionality and fun to your Minecraft builds. It can also serve as an interesting and unique way to navigate your builds. It’s important to experiment with different designs and configurations to find the one that works best for you.
Remember, building in Minecraft is about creativity, so feel free to get creative and come up with your own unique designs. Have fun building and experimenting with different designs, and don’t be afraid to share your creations with others.